Don’t Fight Ad Blockers, Display on Digital
There’s a war on advertising happening right now.
It’s getting harder and harder for businesses to get their ads in front of consumers for many reasons.
Think About These Facts:
- Because it’s becoming easier and easier for consumers to block ads. Consumers are utilizing ad blockers like never before.
- Around 70% of YouTube users are skipping the ads that play before a video.
- And a year ago, Apple announced that their mobile operating system would make it easier to block ads in Safari.
- Users are now spread out among so many channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) that it makes it hard to know where to focus your efforts.
- Everyone else is doing the same thing you are. There is so much chatter on these networks it eventually just becomes noise.
Given this information, companies that rely on ad revenue are starting to feel the prick, but what’s worse, they’re not getting their message in front of their customers. So, as customers start to think about how to avoid ads, companies need to be thinking about how they can get their message in front of consumers.
Digital-out-of-home (DOOH) networks could be the solution. Utilizing DOOH with digital signage is a great way to talk to your customers. Don’t interrupt the flow of their daily life, become a part of it.
Now, Consider These Stats:
- 55% of consumers make an unplanned purchase
- 70% of consumers recall seeing video in a public venue vs. 43% online
- 68% of consumers have made a purchase because a sign caught their interest.
- 80% of brands have experienced up to a 33% increase in sales through the use of digital signage
These facts show that marketing at the point of purchase is critical for businesses. So, rather than give customers to block, skip, or ignore your ad, make it part of their buying journey. An in-store digital sign can educate your customers and communicate your message without intruding or interrupting their routine. Don’t fight to be seen. Consider digital signage as an effective way to talk to your customers, not at them.
Freshwater can answer all your digital signage questions. Contact us today!