Refresh Your Content With This Strategy
Content is the crux of any digital signage platform, and the content strategy is the starting point for new client discussions. There are several steps that can be taken to develop an effective strategy, but ultimately it is about understanding the intended audience, and meeting their expectations while achieving key marketing objectives.
But, even the best content needs to be refreshed once in a while. The content refresh strategy falls into the overall content strategy which is typically identified through the following steps.
Understand your audience –
Content educates, entertains, and informs your audience. For your content to be successful, you need to understand your audience and what they want and need from you. This will allow the organization to develop a content cadence. To better understand your audience, consider the following questions.
- Who is the customer?
- Who is the ideal prospect or customer?
- How do they make buying decisions?
- What gaps in information are they lacking that updated content could fill?
- What is the customer journey?
- Understand the typical buying cycle: awareness, interest, consideration, purchase intent.
- Audit and evaluate existing content, and understand which stage of the buying process it will serve.
- Create a content matrix. Take existing and requested content and apply it to the appropriate “Buying Cycle” categories identified.
Identify the right content formula –
Content marketing is about helping your current and future customers solve an issue that’s important to them. So, make sure you;
- Create content your audience wants.
- Don’t just create content, curate it. There is tremendous value in creating original content, but there are also existing sources of content that help build credibility which can lead to customer loyalty.
Create a content calendar –
Every good content marketing program begins with a carefully planned calendar. It’s the execution plan for integrating content into a cohesive story that you want your audience to see.
The upfront strategy for creating and refreshing content can be carefully planned based on customer personas and understanding of their journey, BUT tracking results can help validate and modify your go-to-market strategy.
Whether you are creating new content or refreshing existing content, the steps you take will focus on creating a strategy that centers around your customer, their audience and meeting the expectations of both.